Saturday 18 December 2010

Trip Laos

trip laos="trip laos"
Is there anything I should know about re-entering America after a 6 month trip around the world?

1) I'm an American citizen.
2) I've been to South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt, The UAE, Oman, India, Nepal, Thailand, Laos and am in Vietnam. I go to Cambodia before going home

I just need to know if I'm going to have issues re-entering the country and if I should know any tips or rules

Thanks!


why should you have "issues"?

I think the duty free allowance is $800, above that customs will assess a flat duty rate on your purchases.

If you aren't bringing fruits, meats, etc, haven't been on a farm, aren't bringing in anything illegal...95/100 times customs will stamp your declaration form and tell you to hand it in as you are leaving the customs hall. 5/100 times they will randomly pick you for "secondary" inspection, where you have to open your suitcase.

Goofiest secondary I ever got: had been to Morocco, the guy marked my form "TAC" (terrorist activity country)...like an old fat white guy would have been converted into a terrorist in 10 days of going to tourist sites...

but here's one tip about customs: they are literally a law unto themselves, and can do pretty much whatever they want with you and your luggage


Trip Thai-Laos-Vietnam









trip laos

No comments:

Post a Comment