Wednesday 2 March 2011

Lao Airport

lao airport="lao airport"
Visa for Thailand from India?

I am a citizen of India and will be going toThailand in the first week of April 2009. I understand that I wil be issued a tourist visa for 90 days. I want confirmatiion and answers to the following questions point wise. 1) I understand that the meaning of this 90 days is that I can enter Thailnd within the validity of these 90 days. Is it true or not. Please confiirm me.2) I also understand that at the airport immgration, my passport would be stamped for 30 days only. Is it true or not, please confirm me.3) I want to stay in Thailand for period exceeding 60 days but, of course, less than 90 days. Please advice me if the same is possible by making visa runs to Lao & Combodia ? Will I need 2 visa runs? Is it possible to have a stamping of 60 days so that I may need only one visa run?4) Also please tell me if I would need to take multiple entry visa in my country from Thai embassy?
Thanks


To answer your questions:

Indian nationals CANNOT avail of the visa run facility from Thailand to Laos/ Cambodia. Indians are allowed to enter Thailand only through airports unless they are travelling by sea on a cruise or are working as seamen. There are many instances were Indians were allowed to cross into Cambodia/ Laos but were not allowed back into Thailand since the Thai border crossing cannot issue re-entry visas to Indian nationals.

You can enter Thailand on or before the date mentioned on the visa. Earlier, Thailand allowed Indians on a visa from the embassy to stay for 60 days. Rules have changed since the last few months and the maximum stay you'll be allowed is 30 days per entry. Of course, you can extend the stay locally through any Thai immigration office, upon payment of some nominal fees. To do so, you'll need to be accompanied by a person who speaks and writes Thai since government offices there dont use much English.

An Indian national can get a tourist visa upon arrival at the airport, which is valid for 14 days. The visa can be extended once for a similar period at any Thai immigration office.

Yes, if you take a visa from a Royal Thai embassy, you're initial stay period allowed will be only 30 days. However, the length of stay can be extended in Thailand, at any immigration office, provided you meet the criteria set by them. Currently, the rules regarding stay for Indians is rather strict due to some 50,000 illegal migrants from India living there.

You can take a multiple entry visa from the Royal Thai embassy but upon completion of the period stamped by the airport immigration, you'll need to FLY to Laos or Cambodia and return.

You'll need to show you hold an onward or return ticket to India to the immigration officer at the airport every time you re-enter the kingdom. You might also be asked to show sufficient funds to support your stay in Thailand. Only CASH is accepted as proof and not credit or debit cards. You might also be required to show proof of accommodation such as a paid hotel voucher or confirmed hotel bookings.


Lao Airlines - Xieng Khouang Airport November 2010









lao airport

No comments:

Post a Comment