Sunday 20 March 2011

People Laos

people laos="people laos"
Who has visited Laos and met tribal people there?

I would like to hear from anyone who has met with any of the amazing Lao tribes such as the Phu Thai ?


I spent an evening in the traditional long houses with the Iban Tribe, the only route to it was on a long boat, no roads, it was incredible! The long house was built on stilts and housed over 200 people in all, it was seperated into individual living spaces with a huge shared veranda. I was treated like a part of the family for the evening, taken around the village, introduced to the children in their classrooms. When I woke up in the morning there were four pairs of young eyes peering at me through the window in my room in the longhouse. Absolutley incredible!!!


How Lao People View Thai People









people laos

No comments:

Post a Comment