Thursday 28 April 2011

Laos Info

laos info_2="laos info"
looking for info about south east asia?

im planning a trip next year id say around feb or march...im going to leave dublin here and fly to jakarta indonesia travel up through malaysia thailand cambodia vietnam..well thats the plan..my question is do you think that would be a good trip for a 21 y.o lad or should i just stick with thailand cambodia vietnam maybe laos...ive been to thailand and laos already the best part by myself and found it easy to meet new people...but im thinking it wont be as easy in indonesia and malaysia...also if you have any advice about these countries like parties where to meet people,where to go,how to get around would be great...thanks


Actually Indonesia is really easy. Not thailand easy but only because fewer people speak English.
It's a lot cheaper than Thailand, and very rural. Some of the islands, like Flores, Sumba, Sumbawa are so beautiful and rugged and dirt cheap you can stay for a pound a night. But the roads are rocky sometimes. That's what I liked about it though.

Indonesia reallty surpirsed me, I didn't want to go but I ended up having the best time and now have learnt the language, thats how much I love it.
There are so many islands and every single one is really different to the next, that's the best bit, whereas Thailand can often seem the same norht to south.
You have to go to the smaller islands like Sumba, Ceram, Flores if you can. It's got a lot of remote areas- you may not find internet cafes like you do in Thailand everywhere, but that's the charm. I love Indonesia and can't wait to go back. I wnet twice already The food is fantastic and really simple= lots and lots of fish, Fish every meal. And you can drink the local coffee, in Sumatra and Java, there is something magic about drinking coffe that is grown 20 metres away.

Malaysia is more well run, more modern that INdo and Thailand. They call it the Switzerland of south east asia, but for me, it's my home I love it. It is magical, in my opinion. Espeically in Borneo where the air feels differentl. You have to go to Borneo, its' really special..

Malaysia is magic for me- the rainforest is the oldest rainforest on the planet, and new speciaes are constatnly discovered. The people are Malay, Chinese, and Indian, so the food is fantastic.
It's an indicovered countyur, because it's not really on the Lonely Planet trail so much ( thank god), but the people there are mysterious, magical, they have great culture and temples, and a really interesting history. For me, IO'd rather go to Malaysia and Indonesia over Thailand anytime.
I like Thailand but always find the endless Lonely Planet trail and constant McDonalds culture a bit too much. I find Thailand a bit sold out, Due to tourism mostly, I think.

You can certainly go to the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree website. I dislike it, because the attitude of Lonely Planet guides is very patronising to the local people, whome they treat like ex-colonial slaves "them and us" mentality.

I think you'd have a BRILLIANT time- fly into Jakarta and , goas far east as you can, go to Komodo, Lombok and Sulawesi, then travel through Java and Sumatra ( it's so huge!!!), then up intpo Malaysia, from there you can fly form KL to Vietnam vbery cheap ( buy a ticket in Kulala Lumpur, I did this, very inexpensive), see a bit of Vietnam, Cambodia is right there. You know how it is. you get to one place and realise the next country is very near.
Aim to go to Indo, then to Malaysia and vietnam, then see how you feel.

Good luck
I'm going to Hat Yai next month!!


Census Info Video Part 1 (Lao)









laos info

No comments:

Post a Comment