Monday 9 November 2009

Laos Tourist

laos tourist_3="laos tourist"
Do Thai like foreign tourists or do they despise them?

I understand from a few travellers, farang married to Thais and also from my own experiences that Thai only tolerate foreigners because of the tourist dollar they bring.

The Thais have a number of nasty phrases in their own language about foreigners.

When I am in Thailand I really dont feel welcome as I do in China, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia


In my experience it is a lot more difficult to get along with other nationalities. Thai people will leave you be and are very tolerant.

I am sure there is a bad apple in every basket.

You will always be a farang -foreigner- in Thailand. You always will be called farang where ever you go and if this bothers you, Thailand may not be such a Paradise for you. It is not meant to insult you but it's deeply engrained in the way Thai people refer to white people.

Thai people must be the most sociable nation on the planet. They are extremely friendly in particular in areas with few tourists. A smile from another person is always replied to with a smile. If they seem unsure about you it is probably because they are shy....a smile usually takes care of it and will be replied with a smile.


Laos Tourist.wmv









laos tourist
laos tourist

No comments:

Post a Comment