Wednesday 23 June 2010

Lao Food Recipe

lao food recipe="lao food recipe"
I need an authentic Thai beef salad recipe?

So my husband is Laotian and Thai. His mom makes some really good Thai food. I especially like it cause she makes it really spicy ;]! Anyways, even though she makes really good food, she never makes Thai Beef Salad. She makes a version of it but it's made with seafood and it's ok but I'm not crazy about it. Anyways, if anyone could give me a recipe and please be specific about brands and amounts because I am not asian and if you tell me to get some fish sauce I will not know which kind. Lol! Oh an could you also tell me how to cook the sticky rice!
I mean the Yam Neua, no the Laab ;]


I can you the recipe, but it's not an exact measurement. When we cook, we don't use measurement, it's by taste and experience.

Beef has to be the most tender cut piece. (grilled or roast it first to your liking).
1 lemon grass stalk only the white stem, o.k. if you use green part
roasted ground rice (not sure how much, depending how you like it)
a couple clove of garlic
red onions (half)
1 or 2 stem of scalions
a handful of cilanto
lemon juice
fishsauce and salt
red pepper flakes or fresh jalepeno

Slice grilled beef very thin, and mix in the lemon juice salt or fishsauce, lemon grass, red onion, garlic, and roasted rice.

right before you serve, add pepper, scallions, and cilanto for presentation and aroma for the dish. good luck.

this made my mouth water, I might make it tomorrow since I have ground roasted rice on hand.


Penn Hongthong: Simple Lao Cuisine, Show30 Part 1









lao food recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment