Sunday 2 January 2011

Laos Currency

laos currency="laos currency"
Holiday money?

Im off to Thailand, Laos & Vietnam in a couple of days and was wondering about how to get local currency. Is it better to change UK pounds into local currency here or should I change it there? Also I have a bank card which is on the cirrus network so presumably I could get cash from a machine at my destination? I have heard that its a good idea to take US dollars as they are easily exhanged . All info welcome


Hiya!

I suggest you get travellers cheques before you travel. These can be purchased from your bank or travel agent.

These are much safer than carrying money. If you lose money it cannot be replaced, whereas travellers cheques can. These can then be changed into the local currency as you need it and you don't lose out by initially changing sterling into US dollars and then into whatever currency you require. If you have cheques left over from your holiday, these can then be changed back into sterling, again without any loss.

Have a great trip!


"Border crossing from Thailand to Laos" Jessnel's photos around Pakse, Lao Peoples Dem Rep









laos currency

No comments:

Post a Comment