Tuesday 18 January 2011

Laos Travelling

laos travelling="laos travelling"
at christmas my friend and I are travelling to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos...?

we only have 1 month - can anyone tell me which order we should do it in and what are the main sites to see in each country

Thank you


I did a month in thailand, 2 weeks in cambodia and 1 mth in vietnam.

As someone else said 1 month isnt a lot of time, so maybe reconsider where you go.

Thailand - my favourite was chaing mai - you can actually do a tour up to the golden triangle and make your way over the Laos border here
I would suggest 3-4 days bangkok and maybe a week on an island and 3 days chang mai

Cambodia - the obvious places here to visit are angkor wat in siem riep, Phomn peng could be passed if you are short of time, but the most stand out thing for me was sihanoukville along the coast. Its a bit more remote to get into but i am sure i heard somewhere that they were looking at starting flights into here. This beats any island resort you will stay in Thailand.

Vietnam - obviously you will need to go to saigon and hanoi, but my standout place was Hoi An and Halong Bay.

Depending on the order you do these in will also determine the sites you want to see in each, you will see so many temples and minoirty villages, so for instance in vietnam i didnt bother going to sapa as i had been inundated with all of that already on my travels.

I only crossed the border on a day trip to laos so i cant give you much info on that sorry.


The Travelling Scorpion in Lao (South East Asia)









laos travelling

No comments:

Post a Comment