Sunday 6 February 2011

Laos Restaurants

laos restaurants="laos restaurants"
Which Asian countries use chopsticks originally?

I know in China and Japan, people eat regularly with chopsticks but what about other Asian countries such as Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, Tibet, Philippines......

I am not talking about getting chopsticks in the restaurant, they pass those out everywhere like candy.

I am Indian so I know that the Indian subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh & Sri Laka) does not use chopsticks!
**** People, I didnt ask about the history of chopsticks or where they originated! My question is simply what countries use chopsticks!


Koreans use chopsticks.

I don't know about the countries in Southeast Asia. My Vietnamese roommate in College used chopsticks, but Vietnam has many Chinese influences.

Philipines - No

The other countries ???
Thailand ??? tempted to say NO
Malaysia ??? tempted to say NO
Loas ??? tempted to say NO
Cambodia ??? tempted to say NO
Sinapore - maybe due to the large Chinese influence.
Indonesia ??? tempted to say NO
Tibet ??? This one is a maybe since China annexed Tibet.

If they have a large Chinese influence, the there is a high chance that chopstics are used. However, I believe that the native (aboriginal) inhabitants do not.


Vientiane Restaurants along Mekong River in Laos









laos restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment