Friday 17 June 2011

Lao Food

lao food="lao food"
What cultures do you like apart from your own?

What cultures would you like to explore more or are completely infatuated with? What made you like this certain culture??

I ask because I see ppl who are able to be culturally ambiguous and take on other cultures as if it were their own (adopt cultures) and i find t fascinating. I have a certain affinity for Lao ppl and culture (especially their bomb food ;p) I think it all goes back to my early teen years when I started hanging out with some Laotian people in my school. The hospitality they and their families showed me was unlike any I have ever received from my own kind or any other groups. They treated me like a family member, feed me, helped me when i needed it and never asked anything in return. That is how i began to adopt this culture.


I like pretty much all cultures EXCEPT for French. For some reason, I hate french - the language, the style, the decor, the - everything. Anyway, my absolute favorite cultures are Native American (pretty much all kinds) and the African Americans. Ever since like, third grade and we learned about Harriet Tubman and the cruelties slaves faced, I've been reading books taking place around the time. I've read hundreds of realistic fiction books, and quite a few nonfiction books as well. I think that in every book, the hospitality and kindness from a lot of the slaves that were constantly treated cruelly, really got to me. I think that's why ever since I was in third grade I've wished that I had an interesting and/or honest group of ancestors - I've wished that I were Native American or African American. Among the books about slavery and racism towards them in the future, I've also read a lot about Native Americans and their decsendants. It's so interesting! The stories they came up with, the rituals, everything!

OK, sorry for the little rant, anyway, Native American culture or African American mostly. As for the people, I like people for who they are, not their race. I do love accents though, British especially.


lao food (lam tang wai)









lao food
lao food
lao food

No comments:

Post a Comment