Saturday 25 June 2011

Laos Immigration

laos immigration="laos immigration"
Visa problems Thailand, please help?

Okay so here's my problem. I obtained a 60 day Visa in the UK before coming to Thailand. I only just noticed yesterday that when coming through Thai immigration at Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok), that they've stamped my Passport as 'admitted until February 14' which would make it 30 days from arrival in Thailand. This is clearly a mistake made by Thai immigration and there are no immigration offices open where I'm staying until tomorrow morning. Do I need to leave Thailand and make a border run or will I be able to just stay in the country and obtain another Visa tomorrow? Please if anyone could help I'd be really grateful, I really need to know because I'll have to get a bus to Laos tonight if I cannot stay.


Don't panic. Your Visa is valid for 60 days, the length of stay is at the discretion of the Immigration Officer who checks you in. You can apply for a an extension of either 7 or 30 days at the Immigration Office your town, on the 14th, your visa is still valid, the cost as I recall was like 1900 baht. The overstay fine is 500 baht per day, the old degenerates in Pattaya just pay this on the way out the door after (sometimes) lengthy overstays. Getting arrested with an expired visa is completely different however, they will get pretty cranky.Thai government makes it tough to just stay on, therefore the number of overstays. If you were on a multiple entry visa, making repeated border runs for extensions it might be different, they are cracking down on that stuff. This info is available I'm sure if you look for yourself, stop asking the uninformed on Yahoo. Good luck have fun.


Awareness campaign on human trafficking and migration Laos 2010 (Save the Children)









laos immigration

No comments:

Post a Comment