Friday 3 September 2010

Lao Currency

lao currency="lao currency"
best place for dollars to Dong exchange in Ho Chi Minh?

I need the best possible rate for changing dollars into dong in Ho chi Minh. Black market.
And please don't tell me about the currency exchange on the corner of Nguyen Thai Hoc and Pham ngu Lao! I know about that one along with every other tourist in the world. (Lonely Planet info I don't need). Come on guys. I know that someone knows where the good rates can be found. Very important!
Danny, My mom could have told me that. Sh** my mom would have given me a better answer and not warned me to be a good boy. . I know plenty of locals. I am trying to get some ideas in advance.

and my mom has been dead for 15 years.
good answer Oz m


Go to ANY gold/jewelry shop and ask what the rate is. I suggest that you ask in Vietnamese so that they don't think you're some tourist who just fell off the turnip cart.
If I can get a call through to my wife, I'll get a more exact location. She just received a pile of cash to buy a new house and she'll take it to Sai Gon to exchange. Unfortunately, the phones seem to be on the blink again.

I finally got through, but my wife put the dollars in the bank while she plays the currency market and tries to knock the price of the house down a little more. She told me she plans to use a jewelry shop in My Tho to convert the money. Apparently they pay the same as the Sai Gon rate so it's not worth the trip to "smogville".


Lao Money









lao currency

No comments:

Post a Comment