Monday 6 September 2010

Vaccinations For Laos

vaccinations for laos="vaccinations for laos"
Vaccination for Asia..?

Japanese encephalitis. I could really do with some advice on whether or not I should have this vaccination?? I am visiting HK, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand, Maybe Malaysia and Singapore. I have done my research and have found that the transmisson season is May to October, I will be there from Novemeber to April.. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this? And/or offer me advice??

Ps. Thanks to all the people who have been answering my questions concerning my travels!

Ta. Chris


My doctor never bothered telling me to get it. I asked him about it and he said it's not needed because it's such a rare virus for tourists.

Of course, this was my doctor, and he might be a bit dodgy, but I dont know many people who have been there that have bothered to get the shot.

Apparently the disease is a problem if you're going to be spending large amounts of time off the beaten track. That is, you're an aid worker or missionary etc. But if you're just doing a holiday type trip - even if you will be heading to some remote areas from time to time - it's probably not that crucial.

Of course, it all comes down to how you feel about it. Personally I dont think it's needed, but if you're concerned about it then get it done.


ECHO H1N1 Vaccination PSA - Priority Groups Lao









vaccinations for laos

No comments:

Post a Comment