Monday 8 February 2010

Tours Laos

tours laos_3="tours laos"
Himalayan Motorcycle Touring - Anyone done it?

I am a westerner considering taking a motorcycle tour into the Himalayas next summer. I would like to ride to Ladakh, India - the highest navigable road in the world on an organized tour on my Royal Enfield. My main problem is I cant stand curry or most Indian food! On the other hand there are some fantastic Thailand/Laos/Burma tours available that look similarly spectacular. Can anyone who has been on such a tour tell me what the travelling conditions were? How did you stomach hold up? I would hate to get the runs at 18,400ft!


Do it you will have a fantastic time the ride to Ladakh is grand and you can have you photograph taken at the sign.

Do not worry about food as there are loads of other things to eat,if you stay away from the water no problem just take a load of stomach pills to prevent the runs.
the scenery is spectacular people are really friendly and on an Enfield your fine should you require parts.

I have done it about 3 years ago with a group of bikers who hired Enfields once we got there, we really had a ball and are now saving to cross the Sahara must be insane!

If you want some more information there was a web site called Indiamike.com which has/had a fantastic forum covering this subject it was under motorbikes.

Hope you go you will not regret it.


Enduro Laos 2011 Central and Northern Laos









tours laos

No comments:

Post a Comment