Monday 3 May 2010

Laos Clothing

laos clothing="laos clothing"
Which places should I go to...Thailand or Vietnam?

For school this year, we get to pick a place to go for 3 weeks. For me it's either Thailand, Laos and Cambodia OR Vietnam. I have no idea which one to choose.

In the Thailand one, we get to go elephant riding, do a cooking class, a boxing class, night markets and go see the sights. The problem is, none of my friends are going.

In Vietnam, we get to see all the sights, get clothes hand-made for us, night markets and plus, all of my friends are going.

Any advice or ideas???


Previous answerer is correct about Thailand. It's a great place to go, and I've been there, but the political situation is instable. I am not sure that there's a great threat of violence to tourists, but the protesters who want to reinstate the old government have been able to close down the airport on a couple of occasions.. Last year, the airport was closed for about a week and I thought I'd have to cancel my entire trip because planes weren't allowed in or out of the country. This year they managed to close down the fabulolus Siam Paragon mall for about a week.

I will tell you this-- CAMBODIA IS A MOST UNDERRATED TOURIST DESTINATION. Google "Angkor Wat," "Angkor Thom," and "Ta Phom" as well as the town of "Siem Reap." I went there and loved it, and also, the people are so warm-hearted. Yes, there is a lot of poverty in Cambodia but there's a lot of countryside, too, as well as amazing cultural sites to see.


"Plain of Jars, Phonsavan" Jessnel's photos around Phonsavan, Lao Peoples Dem Rep (travel pics)









laos clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment