Friday 14 May 2010

Laos Guesthouse

laos guesthouse="laos guesthouse"
How long does a land travel take from Hanoi to Luang Prabang in Laos?

I was in Hanoi last February-March 2008, and when I asked my guesthouse to inquire, I was told that it would take 18-20 hours (on a bus) from Hanoi to Luang Prabang. However, I have been reading entries from travelfish and other discussion sites that such route and border crossing would take 2-3 days??? Which border is this?

What time does the bus leave from Hanoi? How much? (I was told it's $18 for 18 hours.) Im already leaving for Hanoi on June 3rd. I hope somebody can help and share their experience. Any tips would also be appreciated. Thanks you.


i myself traveled from hanoi to vientiane and from vientaine to luangprabang by bus and your travelfish guys are correct. it will take you at least 2 days to go there or even 3.
the bus will depart from hanoi near Laos Embassy at 1900 (maybe now they changed) and you will reach cau treo border of ha tinh province around 0100am, you have to wait there until 0600 for the gate to open then pass into laos territory and you expect to reach vientaine at around 0500pm. you should stay overnight there before the next morning to go to luangprabang.


"Vieng Xai" Thetour's photos around Vieng Xai, Lao Peoples Dem Rep (guesthouse vieng xai)









laos guesthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment