Thursday 28 October 2010

Laos Trip

laos trip_4="laos trip"
Where should I go in Vietnam and Laos?

I am going travelling in April for 3 months. I know where I am going in Thailand as have been before and know where I want to go. But I have not been to Vietnam or Laos and unsure of where I should go. I have got guidebooks but I always find other peoples experiences much better to go on.

So I am after where is good to go, what trips I should be doing etc.
Thanks


Laos : Make sure you go tubing that is the best thing about Laos. Cant remember where you go to do it but when you are there ask it's unmissable. I do know that we got a slow boat from northern Thailand across into Laos about a 5 minute journey where you get your visa and then sail down the Mekong river through Laos , It was quite uncomfortable and took 2 day's but it was well worth it, it's a great way of seeing the country. I went to Thailand first then Laos and from there into Northern Vietnam (Hanoi). We travelled from there down South visiting all the places along the coast on the way. We travelled mostly on overnight buses which are quite hard to sleep on and a little bumpy but is was the cheapest was of travelling. You will need to have your visa sorted before you get to Vietnam they take a bit of time to get. Then the further south in Vietnam you go the nearer to Cambodia you get. I have to say out of all the places I have travelled in Asia I loved Vietnam the most, Na Trang was my favourite place there it's right on the coast Its just a lovely holiday town with nice hotels and pubs. Enjoy :)


Laos Trip









laos trip

No comments:

Post a Comment