Sunday 29 May 2011

Food In Laos

food in laos="food in laos"
Travelling to Laos, should I bring small US Dollar denominations?

I am just wondering if its worth bringing smaller denominations of US Dollars, as at this point I will mainly be bringing in 20s and 50s. Or should I bring in smaller Thai Baht notes for smaller purchases instead of Dollar bills where it may be required? My hope is to mainly rely on withdrawing Kips at the ATM, but I have read that they run out of cash frequently in Laos. I already have my hotels/guesthouses booked and paid, so most of the money I will need is for spending money, food, and transportation. Thanks for the info.


Bring in US Dollars of small denominations the Laos people do not like large denomination notes and avoid the using the Kip .Baht is ok but the exchange rate is low. And if you come in from Thailand and are returning there be carfull not to buy fake goods eg rolex watches as the thai customs will take them off you


keng nor mai, Bamboo shoot soup - Laos Food, by chef Pounger









food in laos

No comments:

Post a Comment