Friday 20 May 2011

Laos Football

laos football="laos football"
Do people in South East Asia play football (soccer)?

I want to go on a gap year to South East Asia (Thailand, Sri Lanka, Malysia/Phillipenes, Laos and other places around there).

I chose South East Asia because the countries around there look amazing. They have culture, some are cheap, amazing beaches, amazing wildlife, great forests and natural landscapes!

I would like a job in sport so I was hoping that when I go to South East Asia, I could teach/coach people different sports.

The sports I particuarly want to coach are football (this is what we call it in Europe - if you are American, I am referring to Soccer). However I am not sure if people in South East Asia play football (soccer). The other sport I would like to coach is swimming. I was wondering, are there swimming pools in South East Asia (I know some people have swimming pools in their gardens, but I would like to coach in public swimming pools). And I don't particuarly want to coach swimming in the sea.


People in Asia are crazy with Premier League football. Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are the ones people have a bit of knowledge about.

Here in the village where I live in Thailand (population: 8000) they play football every day at 17.00 and I think they do in most of Thailand. People show up, teams are made and football is played, great fun!

Most large secondary schools have swimming pools in Thailand, but you might be surprised on how few actually use the pools and how few locals actually swim in the sea.

In Thailand football is called football, not soccer, maybe because it is played with the feet and not with the hands. :)

If you want to travel here is a little quote from Hans Christian Andersen:
“Travelling expands the mind rarely”

Have a great day!

Khru Ander


Lao Football Frezney









laos football

No comments:

Post a Comment