Thursday 26 May 2011

Laos Trip

laos trip_2="laos trip"
How much would this trip cost?

I'm planning a trip to Asia for a couple months with some friends around December. We're looking into going to Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mongolia, and China.

Can you give a rough estimate of how much it might cost for a couple of months on hostels, food, scenery, transportation around Asia, and clubs.

Do you know anything about Asian transportation system? Is it convenient?


I travel a fair bit. I often travel as a backpacker: staying in youth hostels and the like where I can save money, but I'll still splurge from time to time and I always make sure I eat well and enjoy the good local food.

Anyway, I end up averaging around about USD40 a day over most of Asia when travelling solo. In less expensive contries, I tend to spend more on accommodation because you can get a lot for not much money. You can certainly do it for less: if you only stayed in hostels and cheap accommodation, and you didn't go to fancy places too much, and you took public transport where possible, and you don't see too many sites with expensive entrance fees in one day, you could travel for less than half that. Travelling with friends also makes things cheaper because you start sharing transport and accommodation costs.


Alex's Trip to Laos - Part 1 April 2010 Luang Prabang Vang Vieng









laos trip
laos trip
laos trip

No comments:

Post a Comment