Tuesday 3 May 2011

Laos Maps

laos maps="laos maps"
Can you help me map out my travel plan?

I'm trying to plan a round the world trip but I want to make sure that I'm going in one direction to keep costs down. I'm having trouble figuring out which order I should go in.

Here are the places I would like to visit:

Starting in SF to...
London
Ireland
Koh Tao
Bangkok
Laos
New Zealand
Nepal
Italy
Sweden
France
Germany
Holland
Norway
NY

Do you know where the cheapest places to buy a ticket for this would be?


I have done four circles to date and been to 77 countries including those on your list. This is what I would do:

SF(air) to Bangkok, (bus)to Koh Tao to Bangkok and back the same way, from Bangkok train to Nong Kai and boat up the Mei Kong to Luang Prabang in Laos(if you go anywhere in Laos, this is the place not to miss!), back to Bangkok to Nepal to New Delhi to Rome (Euro rail train) to France to Germany to Holland to Sweden to Norway, (air) to London to Belfast Ireland to NY.

I left out NZ because it is in a different hemisphere and you would have to carry additional seasonal clothing and the trip would cost about 30% more.
If you do want to include NZ in the trip then go SF to Auckland NZ to Bangkok and follow the above schedule.

I also estimate you will need about six to eight weeks to wizz through with two to three day stops and six months to get a good feel for your money. If you are really serious about this, I would recommend going to a book store and buy some Lonely Planet guide books and start planning, stay at budget type accommodations(out of Lonely Planet) on the trip and meet with real world traveling Globetrotters like me. Your cost could be $5,000 plus for transportation, $3,000 for food and accommodation(doing it my way) and throw in an additional $2,500(pocket money) just for handling unplanned for situations. If you plan to stay at *** and above lodgings you might have to add another $7,000 to your budget.
Go 'Lonely Planet', I have three shelves full of it and their $25 to $30 cost each pays for it self on the first day out. . .!!!!!!
HAPPY TRAILS!


map cost laos









laos maps

No comments:

Post a Comment